Free Prague WWII & Communism Tour
Our Free WWII & Communism Tour runs at:
- Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 10 AM.
- Wednesday and Saturday at 2 PM (check our availability in the booking calendar)
On Free Prague WWII & Communism Tour, we discover why Prague was spared from destruction during WWII, and learn about the significance of the Prague Uprising. We'll also take you to the site of the Valentine's Day bombing, walk from the Dancing House to the Church of St. Cyril and Methodius, which served as a WWII museum and where Czech paratroopers made a valiant stand against Nazi soldiers during the Anthropoid Operation.
During the Free Prague WW2 & Communism Tour, you will gain insight into:
- How was Czechoslovakia founded and why did Hitler consider it to be originally a German territory?
- What was the Munich Agreement and how did the Second World War really start for Czechoslovakia?
- Did the Czechs fight? What was the form of resistance?
- Who was the Butcher of Prague and how was he killed?
- When did the Prague Uprising take place and what role did it play at the end of the war?
- What was the fate of Jewish people during the Nazi occupation?
- Who were the best Czech fighters?
- How did communism start in Czechoslovakia?
- Why did Jan Palach set himself on fire?
- Why was Czechoslovakia invaded in 1968?
- Why do we call the end of communism the Velvet Revolution?
Where does the tour start?
- At Klarov, in front of the Malostranska metro exit. We will send you a picture of our meeting point and more information about how to find us in the confirmation email.
Tour Length: 3 hours | Walking Distance: 3.6 km / 2.2 miles |
Tour runs: TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY, and SUNDAY | Starting Time: 10 AM (Wed & Sat at 2 PM) |
Meeting point: Klarov, in front of the Malostranska metro exit - Address: Klarov, Praha, Czech Republic, look for a RED umbrella with big white "100" written on it. The meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the tour's scheduled start time.
Tour Meeting Point
Accessibility by Prague Public transportation
By underground: Take the green (A) metro line to the Malostranska metro station. There is only one exit. Turn left when you go up the escalators. You will see our meeting point right when you go out!
By tram: Take the tram no 22, 15, 20, 18, 2 or 12 to the Malostranska tram stop. Be sure not to confuse it with Malostranske Square (Malostranske Namesti)! When you get off you will see the entrance to the metro (look for a green sign). Our meeting point is right there!
By foot: If you are staying close to Charles Bridge it is a 5-10 min walk to the Malostranska metro station. It will take you 15-20 min to get there from the Old Town Square and you will need to cross Manes Bridge.