Prague Castle Free Tour
Join our daily Prague Castle free tours and see the famous Guinness World Record-winning castle yourself!
- STARTING TIME: Every day at 11 AM and 3 PM (please read below)
- MEETING POINT: Klarov, Malostranska metro exit (red umbrella with 100 on it)
- ENDING POINT: Prague Castle (near the vineyard of St. Wenceslas)
- TOUR DURATION: 2 hours 15 minutes (incl. 10 min. break for photos and toilets)
Our 11 AM tour includes the Big Change of Guards with music, that takes place only once a day. After the tour is over you will still have around 3 hours to buy tickets and explore different museums within the Prague Castle complex.
Our 3 PM tour includes Golden Lane, Prague's most picturesque street. Golden Lane opens for free after 4 p.m. in winter and 5 p.m. in summer.
Both of the tours cover the same sights otherwise!
We start the tour directly below Prague Castle and take a tram there. That saves us at least 15 minutes of walking uphill.
- You will enter the FREE part of the St. Vitus Cathedral.
- You will visit all of the courtyards of Prague Castle and will see all of the historically important buildings that are in the free area of Prague Castle.
Things to know before joining the Prague Castle Free Tour
- You will need a public transport ticket for 30 CZK (1,2 EUR). You can purchase the ticket at the beginning of the tour.
- In winter, it gets pretty windy in the castle. Multiple layers of clothes are the way to go. Wear comfortable shoes.
- Please, arrive at the meeting point 10 min before the starting time of the tour, as your group will be taking a tram to the castle and it's not possible to find them after.
- Due to the castle's location and the absence of suitable facilities, this tour is not accessible for wheelchair users and those with large strollers.
- We only accept customers with active reservations! If your reservation is for a different time slot, or a bigger number of people, or if you haven't made a booking, we will ask you to wait till the beginning of the tour and see if there is an available spot for you.
- Like all other tours, we do not accept large groups (more than 8 people) on this tour, even with separate reservations. Group bookings will be canceled unless you contact us before making a reservation.
- You cannot bring pets, or luggage to this tour.
Still have a question? Check out our FAQ.
Tour Meeting Point
Accessibility by Prague Public transportation
By underground: Take the green (A) metro line to the Malostranska metro station. There is only one exit. Turn left when you go up the escalators. You will see our meeting point right when you go out!
By tram: Take the tram no 22, 15, 20, 18, 2 or 12 to the Malostranska tram stop. Be sure not to confuse it with Malostranske Square (Malostranske Namesti)! When you get off you will see the entrance to the metro (look for a green sign). Our meeting point is right there!
By foot: If you are staying close to Charles Bridge it is a 5-10 min walk to the Malostranska metro station. It will take you 15-20 min to get there from the Old Town Square and you will need to cross Manes Bridge.