Free Old Town, Jewish Quarter & Charles Bridge Tour
Learn how to read the Prague Astronomical Clock, hear the legend of the Prague Golem, and cross Charles Bridge on the Free Old Town, Jewish Quarter, and Charles Bridge Tour.
- Starting Time: Every day at 10 AM and 3 PM (at 5 PM in June-September)
- Area: Old Town, Jewish Quarter, and Charles Bridge
- Language: English
- Meeting point: Powder Gate, look for our red umbrella with 100 on it (please make a reservation, it's for FREE and will secure your spot on our free walking tour)
- Ending point: John Lennon Wall
- Tour duration: 3 HOURS (incl. coffee break)
This tour is a perfect kick-start to your visit! We will cover Prague's TOP sights (except Prague Castle, for that you can join our castle tours!) and give you tips for your visit so you will be all set to explore the Czech capital further. We keep our groups sized reasonably sized (30 people max) so you can hear your guide.
Things to know before joining Free Old Town, Jewish Quarter, and Charles Bridge tour:
- We only accept customers with active reservations! If your reservation is for a different time slot, or a bigger number of people, or if you haven't made a booking, we will ask you to wait till the beginning of the tour and see if there is an available spot for you.
- Like all our other tours, we do not accept large groups (more than 8 people) on this tour, even with separate reservations. Groups of less than 15 people can be accommodated only if they prepay the deposit. Please, check out our FAQ for more info.
- This tour has a moderate level of walking difficulty (we walk about 4 km with few breaks and seating opportunities), which could pose challenges for elderly individuals or customers with mobility issues. Please consider booking a private tour if this applies to you.
- We do not visit the interiors of synagogues and the Old Jewish Cemetery because it requires an admission fee and a special guiding permit. Additionally, if you are interested in the WWII history of the Jewish Quarter, please join our Free WWII and Communism Tour, where we dedicate more time to this topic.
Still have questions? We've answered them here.
And if you need even more guidance, check out our YouTube channel Real Prague Guides!
WHAT IS A FREE WALKING TOUR?
A tour of Prague, where you are FREE to decide on the value of your own choice at the end of the tour. You can tip your guide in any major currency, or pay by card, we carry portable terminals.
Tour Length: 2 hours 45 minutes | Walking Distance: 3 km / 1,8 miles |
Tour runs: EVERY DAY | Starting Time: 10 am and 3 pm (in summer also at 5 pm) |
Meeting point: In Front of the Powder Tower - Address: Na Prikope 33, Praha, Czech Republic, look for a RED umbrella with big white "100" written on it, meeting time is 15 mins. before the tour start.
Tour Meeting Point
Accessibility by Prague Public transportation
By underground:Take the yellow (B) metro line to the station Namesti Republiky (Republic Square). There are two exits. Take the exit towards Namesti Republiky. When you exit the metro and get to the surface, you should already see the Gothic Powder Tower, where our meeting point is.
By tram: Take the tram no. 8, 15, or 26 to the tram station Namesti Republiky (Republic Square). When you get off look around and you should already see it. Big Gothic tower. That is where our meeting point is.
By foot: In case you are staying in the center it is very easy to get to us by foot. We start at the Powder Tower, which is the main entrance gate to Old Town and it's 20 mins walk from Charles Bridge and only 10 mins. walk from the Old Town Square and Wenceslas Square.