Free Ghost & Legends Tour
Explore Prague's dark stories and legends of Mala Strana on the Free Ghost & Legends Tour.
- Free Ghost & Legends Tour runs every Tuesday, Friday & Saturday at 7 PM or 9 PM. (Tour schedule varies depending on the time of the year, and when the sun sets. Please check availability in the booking calendar)
Experience Prague like never before on our unique tour that explores the city's untold history. Forget about typical sightseeing and join us as we delve into the legends and stories that have been passed down for centuries.
We'll start in Novy Svet, the former slums located at the city walls have seen the most destruction from wars and fires, and now hold secrets and captivating legends.
We'll also visit a place where people gathered during the plague epidemics, a grim reminder of the horrible disease that killed one-third of Prague's population in the 18th century. Near this site, there was a secret meeting place for two lovers. What happened to them?
These are the stories of ordinary people that shape the city and make it what it is today. Join us to discover the legendary and dark side of Prague and truly get to know the city.
Things to know before joining the Free Ghosts and Legends tour:
- You will need a public transport ticket for 30 CZK (1,2 EUR). You can purchase the ticket at the beginning of the tour.
- We only accept people with active reservations! If your reservation is for a different time lot, bigger number of people, or if you haven't made a booking, we will ask you to wait till the beggining of the tour and see if there is an available spot for you.
- In winter, it gets pretty windy in the castle. Multiple layers of clothes are the way to go. Wear comfortable shoes.
- Please, arrive at the meeting point 10 min before the starting time of the tour, as your group will be taking a tram to the castle and it's not possible to find them after.
- Due to the castle's location and the absence of suitable facilities, this tour is not accessible for wheelchair users and those with large strollers.
- Like all other tours, we do not accept large groups (more than 8 people) on this tour, even with separate reservations. Group bookings will be canceled unless you contact us before making a reservation.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ.
Tour Length: 1.5 hours | Walking Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mile |
Tour runs: TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY (please check availability in the booking calendar, time and days vary depending on the season) | Starting Time: 7 PM or 9 PM (depending on the season) |
Meeting point: Klarov - Address: Klarov 1 Prague 1, look for a RED umbrella with big white "100" written on it, meeting time is 6:50 p.m.
Tour Meeting Point
Accessibility by Prague Public transportation
By underground: Take the green (A) metro line to the Malostranska metro station. There is only one exit. Turn left when you go up the escalators. You will see our meeting point right when you go out!
By tram: Take the tram no 22, 15, 20, 18, 2 or 12 to the Malostranska tram stop. Be sure not to confuse it with Malostranske Square (Malostranske Namesti)! When you get off you will see the entrance to the metro (look for a green sign). Our meeting point is right there!
By foot: If you are staying close to Charles Bridge it is a 5-10 min walk to the Malostranska metro station. It will take you 15-20 min to get there from the Old Town Square and you will need to cross Manes Bridge.